Palmer Power Attenuator - Control the volume of your guitar amp
The PDI06 is a power attenuator for live applications. The device is connected between the amplifier output and the speaker cabinet. It makes it possible to use the popular power stage distortion of tube amplifiers while reducing the associated high volume level. This permits practical volume reduction in six increments from 100% to 18% for stage and practice room situations. An additional level makes the speaker completely mute; the PDI06 then functions as a LOAD BOX and absorbs the entire output power of the amplifier.
This mode of operation is useful, for example, when connecting an amplifier equipped with a speaker cabinet emulation directly to the mixing desk using an existing line-out and loud volume levels in the recording booth are undesirable. The unit has an input for the speaker signal from the amplifier and two outputs for connecting speaker cabinets.
The total impedance of the speakers must equal the value shown on the PDI06. For example: the outputs of a PDI06 that is specified for 8 ohms can be connected to one 8 ohm cabinet or two 16 ohm cabinets. The output of the (tube) amplifier is also set to 8 ohms.
• Maximum input power: 120 watts
• 6-position switch, 5 increments (3 dB each) for volume reduction, equivalent to attenuation of the input power to 70%, 50%, 35%, 25%, 18%.
• The LOAD BOX position mutes the connected speaker cabinet.
• The BYPASS/ATTENUATOR switch lets the user toggle quickly between full and reduced output.
• Input from amplifier: 1 x 6.3 mm jack socket
• Output for speaker cabinets: 2 x 6.3 mm jack sockets connected in parallel
• Output impedance: 8 ohms
- Number of Input Ports: 1
- Number of Output Ports: 2
- Number of Channels: 1
- UK Plug: No